30 December 2012

Upgrading my PS3

I have been a PS3 user for more then 3 years now but after all that time my PS3 Slim some how stopped working.
Even if i have not giving up all hope i have made the decision to say that it died and bought my self a complete new PS3.
I bought the Super Slim this time and i have no regret so far.
Although there are not many Review out there i got my info for the super slim with many bit of info from around the web but mostly on YouTube.

Wen i have the Super Slim for more then a month i will post a blog post here with a Review of the PS3 Super Slim.

The only thing i can tell you that the Date Transfer from 1 PS3 to another is easy.
This is the guide i used but down i will go in more detail to some things of how i did it.
(Link Guide) ->> PS3™ | Data Transfer Utility

Tip1: First the transfer will cost you some time this is different on how much content you have.
so Delete any Videos or Music that you don't need on the PS3 and have backed up on a PC or the Cloud.
I have a good filled PS3 Slim but even with that it still toke me around 4hour and 30min to finish.
This seems to be fast sins i read that most poeple had problems with this and toke more then 12hour for it.

Tip2: Now don't be a fool and connect your PS3's together by a LAN cable and don't use a harddrive to move it between them.
Its true that the PS3 Slim had problem to find my PS3 Super Slim at first but this it because i was not patient enough and forgot to shutdown and start up my PS3's again after a PSN content registration has been Deactivate.
so follow the steps well from the guide and everything will be oke.

Tip3: Not really a tip but more a set of extra information for you.
The PS3 should delete the old data but mine did not do this.
Wy? not sure but if you come in this situation and completed the steps from the guide then you should format your old PS3 so that the content is gone



Got any tips? or have your own review already up some where tell me in the comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment