01 July 2014

Monthly Look Back (June,2014)

Hi and welcome to the first LookBack.
This is a monthly article that focuses on 5 games that I have played this month.

I will share my thoughts in a short and spoiler free way.
All games that I played this month are shown in a list below from newest to oldest last played.
  • MURAMASA REBIRTH (PSVita) 100% 40%
Originally started this game in May and completed little bit as the month moved on.
I really liked the atmosphere of this game, how it showed a japanese culture in a mythical way.
The environment looks like art, which looks great on the Vita.
Sadly combat is fun for awhile but gets repetitive after awhile because its too straight forward.
press X to kill
The story is where the game shines for me and is the reason I would advice people to play this game.
  • Killzone Shadow Fall (PS4) 100% 29%
The day I got my PS4 also bought one game wanted for it.
And although I originally planned not to touch my PS4 until I completed a list of games that that I wanted to finish first, I made an exception for killzone.

At first I felt that this game was not a that great and felt to mission oriented but as a progressed the game got better and better.
I am looking forward writing a review and share more of my experience with you all but for now I will first enjoy the multiplayer :)
  • RESOGUN (PS4) 23% 16%
  • Treasures of Montezuma Arena (PSVita) 10% 19%
  • Unreal Tournament 3 (PS3) 25% 7%
  • Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (PS3) 40% 7%
This is must play that sadly I found my self too occupied to play more.
When I get back to Ni No Kuni I probably put every other thing on hold so I can continue this game on full enjoyment mode.
I love the world Studio Ghibli created, its colorful and worth exploring.
The monster combat is interesting and feels simple altrouch it can be used in a more complex way.
  • GRID 2 (PS3) 10% 12%
  • Dead Nation (PS3) 100% 31%
  • Call of Duty Ghosts (PS4) 45% 11%
  • Borderlands 2 (PS3) 100% 68%
  • THE PLAYROOM (PS4) 90%
Funny enough I completed this game for most part before I even owned a PS4.
My friend was a day 1 PS4 buyer and we played the crap out of this game.

Call it a gimmick game if you want but I call fun. 
And I must say that is uses the camera perfectly.
I really hope more developers will use the camera in a similar way.
  • ModNation Racers: Road Trip (PSVita) 100% 47%
  • Sound Shapes (PS4) 100%
  • No Heroes Allowed, No Puzzles Either (PSVita) 68%
No Heroes Allowed thus a great move by putting their franchise on a different type of game.
The Jewel games are always good with mobile gamers and adding their own element works.
Sadly I did wanted to see more in this game. 
Its too simple and and to punishing when I reach the last stages, while I found the first stages to simple.
And I had to rely too much on luck and speed to get the job done.
Nonetheless it was and is still a fun experiences. 
  • Stealth Inc. (PSVita) 100% 44%
  • The Wolf Among Us (PS3) 80% 80%
Green % are story,  Purple % are trophy.

No comments:

Post a Comment