21 September 2014

Ni No Kuni Review

A journey I wont forget.

With so many RPG's out there its hard to find the right one.
Since most of them are focused on their battle system that they forget the main reason why people to play them.

What drove me was the world I had to explore and the people that inhabit them.
Sadly most of the modern RPG's are grinding games which I hate because spending hours fighting to get past some bosses didn't feel epic or fun at all.

Ni No Kuni did all the right things, that I wasn't done with it even after I was done with the story.
Every part of the world was a delight to explore and a joy to the eyes that it is hard to explain that a few images will only do it justice for a little bit.


With this world also comes a nice and memorable soundtrack that humes with me when I traverse the world.
It a orchestra type of music so it isn't everyones kind of juice but works well with this game.

The game may scare people away for its kiddy look, even when the games story is really black in some parts.
Especially in the beginning.
This is because of it's art style and the more friendly looking monster that inhabit the world.
It's a noticeable art style to people that may know from Studio Glibly.
This also shows they were involved in this game and it's look.

The game borrows for it's combat system 2 other combat systems.
One is from Tales games and a few more games that use this (not sure who started it).
Which is the option to move in a combat scene while acting.
There other one is Pokemon which involves in fighting with monster that you own.
Both of them work really well together and make for a fun experience.


My gameplay involved a stretched out experience.
Between story parts I always completed all side quests first so that I could enjoy the world more.
This is how normally always play but in Ni No Kuni I would advise anyone to play this way.
Because then you can see the world better and enjoy it inhabitant better.

The side quests are more divers in Ni No Kuni that is isn't just about hunting or gathering quests, but also involves healing peoples hearts.
This is a mayor part of the game but also appears allot in side quest making them feel less side questy, more involving in the world and fun.

As I mentioned before the games story is in some parts black but also really bright for the most part.
And in this game you're not fighting evil with some super strong character, but with a boy that is doing it for different reasons than saving the world.
The allies you get in your team are also enjoyable and feel more deep than some dum support character.

This is a must play in my books and I will mis for sure it after I am done doing the last 2 side quests in this game.

No comments:

Post a Comment